Length ranks your synonyms based on character count.
Common words appear frequently in written and spoken language across many genres from radio to academic journals.
Informal words should be reserved for casual, colloquial communication.
Concept Thesaurus for word cautioned3. Prospective Affections
Synonyms - noun
Synonyms - verbs
- be cautious
- have a care mind
- count the cost
- feel one's way
- reculer pour mieux sauter (prepare)
- keep out of harm's way
- keep on the safe side
- take care
- what one is about
- bespeak (be early)
- look to the main chance
- see how the land lies (foresight)
- let well alone
- keep out of troubled waters
- be on the safe side.
- take heed
- be on one's guard (keep watch)[more]
- think twice
- cut one's coat according to one's cloth
- wait to see how the cat jumps
- let well enough alone
- keep at a respectful distance
- husband one's resources[more]
Synonyms - adjectives
Synonyms - phrases
timeo Danaos [Vergil]; festina lente.
verb. offer recommendation
Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.Cite This Source