It stands on the site of a blockhouse erected by the Swedish settlers in 1677.
The blockhouse was blown up after the capture of its defenders.
So we pushed on into the town and stayed there until a blockhouse was built.
At this time there was also a blockhouse at Canseau, where a few soldiers were stationed.
So a blockhouse was built out of the Building of the blockhouse, ...