The history of Condom as an ecclesiastical see is very brief.
After visiting Rome, he was made bishop of Condom 937 , and in 1763 was translated to the archbishopric of Toulouse.
He turned to the left to reach this place, and found the road full of people returning from the market at Condom.
Condom (Condomus) was founded in the 8th century, but in 840 was sacked and burnt by the Normans.
Condom was, during the middle ages, a fortress of considerable strength.